Friday 13 January 2012

Friday Weigh In - First in a While!

Hi darlings!!  I know I'm a terrible slacker, but I am gradually catching up on blogs - and I'm thinking about you all.  But I must get back to regular blogging because it definitely keeps me accountable.  And I miss you otherwise.  I just wanted to say how nice it's been to see more pictures of JRD and Rachel who were closet bloggers before.  You are both SO BEAUTIFUL!  I must remember to post some more pictures, maybe I'll do a comparison shot in my undies like I did at first to see if there's any difference now that I'm pretty much a third of the way to goal!  It's Friday so...

Starting Weight: 17st9lbs (247lbs)
Current Weight: 15st2lbs (212lbs)
Loss This Week: 1lb
Total Loss: 35lbs!

So there you have it.  It's been very slow going over Christmas, but to be honest, I was eating like an absolute hippo for a good few weeks.  Seriously, I even had donuts and burgers, stuff that I never normally ate even before the band.  I don't know what was going on.  It's like I just wanted to be free of it for a little while.  But now I'm back up at uni after a month at home I'm back on plan, so since Tuesday I've been doing really well, getting around 100g protein, keeping calories around 1300 and exercising.  Need to get back on it with water though.  So hopefully I'll get a good weight loss next week if I can keep working hard.

So things are going very well with my boyfriend, though it's really hard now that we're apart.  It's only a couple of hours to see each other but it's expensive to go back and forth between uni and home and I have almost no money this term.  I am looking for a job though.  So I haven't told my boyfriend that I have the band yet.  I know that he'd have no problem with it at all and be completely supportive, but I just felt like I couldn't tell him because I was eating so badly the past few weeks.  How can you gorge yourself on 2 massive slices of pizza and then say, oh by the way, I have the lap band.  I just didn't know how to bring it up...  I know I just need to explain that I don't have very much restriction yet and am able to (though shouldn't) eat anything.
I have a fill on Tuesday, I'm hoping that the way I can eat will change with more restriction and then I can tell him, once I feel like I'm back on the path to success.

Sorry if it's a bit of a dull one, I'm in a hurry!  But I love you all and will write more soon and get back to commenting!! x

9 comments:

  1. have miss you it is good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are tooo sweet!! Thanks for the shout-out hun! Glad you are back at uni and back on track - I am sure that your fill next week will take you closer to your sweet spot. It is always a bit tough going in the beginning but you will get there! Speaking of pizza... we got a frozen pizza last night (I should preface this by saying that up until fill number 3 I could easily sit down and finish a personalized pizza, slowly but surely) and last night was the first time I have had pizza since fill 3... it was a regular sized pizza and I was able to eat a 1/8th slice (about 50g) before I had to stop. Before the band, I could (shamefully) polish off two frozen pizzas by myself. Amazing how the band changes things little by little. Missed you - so glad you are back!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back! It's tough at the beginning staying on track, but especially over the holidays. I do much better when I'm in a regular routine. Good loss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back! And I too have found that I'll have streaks of eating things post surgery that I never ate before.. I can't even tell you how much ice cream I've had since being banded. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive missed you, welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just like everyone else, I've missed you terribly. Good luck with school this term!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you lovey!! I thought it was time to be brave, and not just post faceless naked pics of my in my undies!!! But thanks for the compliment - you're a doll. And I'm glad you're back - keep posting!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sweetie! Good to "see" you! Been absent myself but we are baaaack! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've missed you!!!!!! Yay for being back on track now...gosh my eating has been...blehhhhh LoL happens to the best of us! Glad the boyfriend is super lovely to yah! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete