Friday 18 May 2012

BYOCray-Cray

1. What religion were you raised as a child, if any, and are you still a member of that faith today? Why or why not?


I wasn't brought up with any religion, though I went to a Church of England school so there was a light presence.  My parents aren't religious and despite a few trips to church to see if it made me feel anything, I felt nothing and so have not pursued it.  My sister however, became a Christian about 7 or 8 years ago and I do my best to respect her faith and do my best to understand it.  In order to make sure I'm maintaining respect for her and all other believers, instead of just saying that God doesn't exist (my opinion), I try to imagine the the existence of God is both true (for believers like my sister) and not true (for me) at the same time.  HOWEVER, I'm talking here about a Christian God, or a God of any organised religion - but I like to imagine that there is some designer and some one in charge of the fate of us all.


2. Do you have an all time favorite candy or do you change favorites often?


Oh my goodness - CANDY!!  Not that we call it that here, but sweets and chocolate are my crack!  I've probably mentioned Haribo Tangfastics on here before, I don't know if you have these in the States - they're sour!!  I could eat sour fizzy sweets all day forever!  But I don't anymore!  I also love Cadbury's chocolate in all forms.


3. Are you a green thumb? Do you landscape your yard or plant any flowers or a garden? Do you pay someone to do it for you? Do you not plant a single thing?


I don't know if I've ever done any gardening, I've never even mown a lawn.  We only had a little garden at my parent's house and since then I've either not had a garden or the one house I lived in that did have one, had a gardener come once a month.  I think I might like it.  I love flowers, they're beautiful and I like the idea of growing some veg...one day when I have a garden of my own!  But from the amount of work Draz has to do on hers, I may keep it simple!


4. Let’s just say you were a tattoo junkie and you were planning your next tat and it had to be words only. What words would you choose? A quote? Phrase? One word? Would you do it in English or a different language?


Well, I have one wordy tattoo already, it says 'Temporarily Lost at Sea' in beautiful Edwardian Script on my right shoulder blade.  I got it Jan '11 and I love it so much!  I really want more tattoos and all of them are words rather than pictures, I don't feel connected to images in the same way I do words.  A couple of things I want... from a song by 'Beirut' called 'Nantes' - 'I will gamble away my frights' and 'Away from you I hold hands with the air' from a poem by Carol Ann Duffy, our poet laureate.  


5. Repeat question: Summarize your week.


Have so enjoyed spending time with my new niece!  Since I moved in March I'm now 40mins away on the train so I haven't been able to see her every day, but she is gorgeous and getting more and more animated and responsive by the day!
I've got my final exam on Monday and it's a really really difficult one that I don't know anything about, I'm procrastinating as usual - don't want to do it, hate it, get rid of it for me...please?
My darling man has been struggling a bit at work and it's made him pretty miserable and he feels a bit distant at the moment, so just trying to deal with that - find a way to help up and us through it.
Been eating great every day since I began phase 2, no fuck ups!  I think planned treats are helping!  And exercise is getting better and better, I was in the gym at 8am this morning!  I ran for 10 mins out of 16 to make up a mile and I'm aiming to improve on that time every time I go.
Love you all pickles xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment