Saturday 18 May 2013

Betty Boo!

I get to see my beautiful niece, Betty, today!  She was adopted by my mum's second cousins who live in the Midlands, in December and I've seen her once since then at the beginning of March.  I miss her every day.  However, I know she's in a wonderful environment and she's so loved and it's better than anything my sister could have offered her.  In terms of stability, safety, opportunity etc.  After I visited her in March, I just found myself at peace with the whole situation.  It had been agony, but seeing what a wonderful place she lives in (a farm, converted barn, sheep, pigs, dogs, quiet and beautiful village, with her new Italian grandparents living in an annexe of the house, and three big siblings (in their late teens/twenties) to love her and dote on her.  I am just so happy she wasn't adopted out of the family and into a situation that meant we'd never see her again.  My sister fucked up, and to some degree I'll never forgive her.  But on the other hand, her mental illness is a bitch and she suffers every day.
Anyway, I can't wait to see that gorgeous girl today - she turned one two weeks ago and she's crawling and doing all sorts of new things I can't wait to see.  Very excited.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my previous post - love xxx


2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful visit with her! What a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!!! Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete