Second of all - I was nominated for an award!!
Thank you so much to Rockband Barbie, Cat and Jessica for all nominating me, I feel all loved and cared about! I think all these blog awards are such a lovely idea because they help promote blogs and get people more followers!
So 7 things about me:
- I absolutely love cats with all my big whole heart. I love them. One day I will get one and I will call her kitty. If I get a second one, I will call her puss. I love them. I desperately want one but it's just not practical or possible for at least a few more years. Sometimes I think that it'll all be ok (life) because I know that one day I'll have a kitty. Crazy cat lady, right?
- I am a singer and pianist. Did all my grades and everything and was trained as a classical singer but prefer singing things like Adele and Joni Mitchell, I write some of my own songs too. I love singing, it pretty much feels like the only right thing to me, but I have so little confidence when it comes to performing or belief that I'm any good. I'm trying to work on it though. Now when people ask me what I want to do with my life, I tell them I want to be a singer. For years I could never even say that.
- I study English Literature and Philosophy at university. I love reading, my favourite novel is Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky, or maybe The Outsider by Albert Camus... But sadly studying literature isn't that enjoyable for me. I want to read to escape and to fall into a world not my own - not dissect and ruin it all. Stupid choice of degree really!
- My dad lives in Australia - Melbourne to be specific, and I have 2 younger brothers and 1 little sister over there (half siblings but I don't take any notice of that distinction). I've been to Australia 11 times and I'm desperately hoping to get over there next July as I haven't seen the kids for more than 2 years.
- I've had insomnia on and off but mostly on since I was a child. When I was about 9, if I couldn't sleep, I used to write little biographies for all my soft toys - their names, where they were born, their family tree. Weird right! Insomnia really really sucks - luckily at the moment it's not very bad, most nights are ok, but this comes after an awful 8 month stretch, the longest period I've ever had.
- Although I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it, I don't have a great work ethic. I've had a number of jobs (alongside studying or during gap years) and have pretty much hated all of them. I hated being taken for granted, getting up early, having to wear a uniform, being spoken to by managers as though I was an idiot or couldn't see through their sickly sweet but clearly condescending attitude towards staff. I hated how mindless all the jobs I did were (retail/call centres). I know it's a bit taboo to say this stuff because people are struggling to get jobs. But like many people, when I've had to work to earn the money (luckily I just about get by with my student loan at the moment), you just put up with shit jobs because it's hard to find one you love.
- If I could spend my days cafe hopping, I'd be a happy girl. A good day for me is taking a book and a notebook and my ipod and sitting in a cafe, and then maybe later going to another one and having a bit of lunch, maybe meet a friend later in the day. Heaven! I love coffee so much, the stronger the better, I love finding the best seat and position in the cafe and I love staying there all day, reading, writing, people watching. Sadly, no one gets paid for doing this, misery!
Well, that was a bit long winded, sorry! My nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
Lani; Rachel and JRD - I know we're meant to choose 15 people, but really, it's just too many! So I'm nominating three of my favourite bloggers, but certainly all of you deserve all the awards in the world!
My sneaky peeks for the last few days have shown 16st4lbs (228lbs) which is 19lbs lost and officially 3lbs down from last week's weight, but only 1lb down from the week before. But I'll wait til Friday to post official weigh in results. Getting bored of the scale not whooshing down like it did during pre-op. I think I'm doing ok with food. Sometimes it's a little tricky to decide whether a food is a mushie or just a soft-ish food. I wonder if I'm having things I shouldn't be having. But all seems to be fine. On average I'm having about 1000 calories per day, is that normal? I must confess that I've had a few pieces of chocolate in the last few days, but logged them all on my fitness pal (which is brilliant!) and they haven't sent me over the edge calories wise. I speak to my dietician in a couple of weeks (I'm on mushies until the 12th) and she'll advise me of a diet plan, but for now I've only got basic guidelines. I haven't been told how many calories to have or how much protein. My first fill is on the 23rd November, 3 weeks to go.
Well done if you're still with me, that was a pretty long post. Much love xxxxx