Sunday 2 September 2012

Weekends in Blogland

Oh how dull my newsfeed is at the weekend, all of you off enjoying your lives and so few blog posts to keep me entertained.  It's raining and Ben's at work.  I'm going for coffee with one of my best friends in about an hour at our favourite cafe - I think he might be bringing his little dog, Poppy the puppy!  I don't mind the rain at all, in fact I rather like it.  I like feeling cosy, and comfy.  My mum always calls me the princess and the pea (do you know that kid's story?) because I get annoyed if my environment is anything but completely comfortable.  We went to see a couple of movies yesterday, Ted and the Expendables 2 - liked both, the second was just brilliant, total tongue in cheek explosion fest - loved all the references to the actors' most famous movies and I've only just realised how hot Sylvester Stallone is!  I know he's about 40yrs older than me but still!  I watched the original Judge Dredd the other day and he was smokin'!

Food has been increasingly worse the past couple of days - don't know what's the matter with me.  I was so focussed.  I worked out three times this week at home - felt really good about that.  But want to be in the gym, running.  So tomorrow's another Monday, back to basics I shall go.  I must remember it's not about how much I can get away with eating, it's how little.  I'm taking a little trip with my mum this week - Wednesday to Friday - we're going to the West country to visit the birthplace and home of my favourite author Thomas Hardy.  I'm really looking forward to it though it'll be the first time I've spent a night apart from Ben since we moved in together!  Nearly 6 months!  Goodness me I love him!  Hopefully the trip won't send me too much off track and we're going to be doing lots of walking.  My mum's a pretty health conscious person too, so that'll help.  Anyway, weigh in tomorrow is going to be shit.  I just have to pick myself up and learn from it.  Love to you all xxx

5 comments:

  1. Love you too Mari.
    Will keep my fingers crossed for you but stick to your mini goals (they are fab) and you'll be a star.
    xx
    PS Love the face photo. You look incredible. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use a little rain and cozy right now...still in the low 100's here in Arizona!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. "must remember it's not about how much I can get away with eating, it's how little" WELL SAID! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep...seems most people use their "work time" to blog (raising hand..guilty). I'm back to basics this week too. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry I don't turn on the computer on the weekend...something about doing it for a living that if I turn it on I will do a little work

    ReplyDelete