Monday 29 August 2011

Progress = EXCITEMENT!!!


Firstly I must say thank you to Alison for my first comment! I've read your blog from start to finish and really enjoyed learning about your journey with the band - especially as we're both UK based. Thanks again!

Second of all - I spoke to the head patient care co-ordinator at THG this morning. She was very nice and friendly and although it was clear she goes through a lot of these phone calls, I didn't feel as though she was bored or was treating me in any way other than as an individual.

I have booked my consultation!!! On the 7th of September (9 days from now) I will be heading up to the London clinic to meet with my surgeon and patient care co-ordinator. I do wonder whether me choosing this particular surgeon was a bit of an arbitrary choice though. It was partly that he was in the right place at the right time. I really wanted to get an appointment in London (nearest for me), as soon as possible - but I don't think there's any real difference between the surgeon's in terms of qualifications - and he has been working privately and with the NHS for a long time. Obviously if I don't get a good vibe from him on the 7th, then I can change. But to be honest, I don't want to go through all the faff of having another consultation and meeting another surgeon etc. So fingers crossed that he's lovely and brilliant! AND - he is available to perform surgery on my ideal date - 29th October - exactly 2 months from today!! But in order to secure that date I have to pay the £500 deposit - we'll see what happens in 9 days time.

I have suffered an awful lot with depression, anxiety etc and that's been at an all time low this year - but today I feel really, truly excited. I don't think I've felt this excited since Wimbledon was on at the beginning of July (I'm a MASSIVE tennis fan btw). I'm taking steps to change my life. To change the thing that affects me all day every day, affects my decisions, everything. I wish the consultation was today and the surgery a week from now, but I mustn't be greedy. Although gluttony is certainly my most prominent sin!

Oh, and another thing - my surgeon's pre-op diet (not sure how long, 1-2 weeks?) isn't a milk and yoghurt or liquid only diet!! It's a healthy, high protein diet instead. Part of me wanted the liquid diet because it might help me lose weight more quickly, but I know it would be very difficult and doesn't teach me how to eat in the long term. I do feel like I want to start losing weight now. RIGHT NOW. But then another part of me can feel last supper syndrome coming on.

I just can't believe that this might really be happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment